Role of the Family
What we expect from parents / carers
- Ensure your child has had their medication at the appropriate time and that school have a supply of any relevant medication e.g. EpiPen, inhalers etc. Please ask your child’s class team for more details.
- Ensure that your child attends school regularly and inform school when your child is absent, by 8:30am.
- Ensure that your child is on time for transport, or at school by 9am.
- Inform the teachers and school of any new diagnoses, medical or other conditions which may affect learning, such as, hearing, dyslexia;
- Attend review meetings, parent consultations and any additional appointments as appropriate.
- Work with the school to promote positive behaviour and encourage your child’s development.
- Work with school and your child to follow the Behaviour Policy
- Encourage your child to follow our school ethos of ‘Be Kind, Be Safe, Be Ready’
- Share with the school (in confidence if necessary) significant events at home that may affect your child.
- Share with the school, the involvement of any professional help to ensure we work together for the young person’s benefit.
- Parents may be requested to contribute financially to damage caused by young people.
- Be available for discussions to ensure we are able to effectively support young people and work together to enable a holistic approach to supporting pupils.